William White Dames ran a photography studio at 911 Broadway in Oakland, c.1887-1911. By 1903, the studio had merged with William H. Arrowsmith, renamed Dames & Arrowsmith, and moved to 1116 Washington. By 1911, it was Arrowsmith Photo Studio.
The 1899 directory lists:
- William W. Dames - 2517 Central Avenue, Alameda
- Fred H. Dorsaz - photographer for W. W. Dames. 831 Myrtle Street
- Frank E. Smith - photographer for W. W. Dames. 1300 7th Street
- Lucy C. Wood - bookkeeper for W. W. Dames. 2018 Telegraph
The 1903 directory lists:
- William H. Arrowsmith - 1505 Brush St.
- W. E. Cardin - employee for Dames & Arrowsmith, Mojave House
- William W. Dames - photographer, 1219 Harrison St.
- Mrs. A. C. Dames - Dames & Arrowsmith, 1219 Harrison St.
- Miss Sine Frandsen - retoucher, Dames & Arrowsmith, 316 13th St.
- William S. Hannan - employee, Dames & Arrowsmith, 1017 16th St.
- Miss Alice S. Jackson - artist, Dames & Arrowsmith, 4384 Howe St.
- Harry A. McClellan - bookkeeper, Dames & Arrowsmith, 1750 Myrtle St.
- Miss Edith A. Stone - retoucher, Dames & Arrowsmith, 1001 Jackson St.
See the photo of Sarah Henshaw.