Please note: not all of our grant information is (yet) on this page. We're slowly moving over information from internal Google docs, etc.
- List here
Potential future grant opportunities
- List here
Previous grant applications and drafts
Successful grant applications:
- Knight 2012 hosted platform grant. Status: obtained, grant now closed.
- Knight 2010 News Challenge grant. Status: obtained, grant now closed.
In-progress or on hold at the moment:
- 2012 Omidyar initial grant conversations: localwiki_projects_for_growth_2014_12.pdf (projects for LocalWiki growth over ~3 year period). Status: strong interest, but need to demonstrate other large'ish funding sources before they're on board.
- 2013 Community Foundation of South Alabama LOI: LocalWikiCommFoundSouthAlabamaLOI.pdf. Status: unclear.
- 2013 Gulf Coast Community Foundation LOI: localwikicommengagecomponents.pdf. Status: unclear.
- 2014 YCombinator application, non-profit category: YCombinatorApp.pdf, application video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_uCdr6lTSo. Status: not obtained. We think they are focused (for now) on nonprofits that do direct poverty relief.
- 2014 Google Bay Area Impact Challenge: GoogleBayAreaImpactChallenge.pdf. Status: not obtained.
- 2014 Knight Foundation News Challenge proposal, Library category. " Local Knowledge Fellowships: A residency program that puts the library at the heart of open, local community knowledge". libraries_knc_2014.pdf. Status: not obtained.
- 2014 Knight Foundation News Challenge proposal, Library category. Joint proposal with Ann Arbor District Library. knc_libraries_ann_arbor.pdf. Status: not obtained.
- 2014 Knight Cities Challenge proposal, ""LocalWiki Civic Engagement Fellowship." Project in San Jose and Detroit. Partnership between LocalWiki, Detroit Sound Conservancy, Code for Detroit, Detroit Public Library, the San Jose Tech Museum of Innovation, the San Jose Public Library and Code for San Jose. KnightCitiesSanJoseDetroit.pdf Status: not obtained.
- 2013 Shuttleworth Foundation proposal: Fellowship_P.Neustrom_application_2013_4_22.pdf. Application video: https://vimeo.com/65278438. Status: interest, but not obtained.
- 2013 Sunlight Foundation Open Government grant: SunlightFoundationGrantApplication6_13.pdf. Status: not obtained.
- 2013 Knight Foundation News Challenge proposal, Mobile category: Knight News Challenge Round 3 | LocalWiki Mobile.pdf. Status: not obtained.
- 2012 Knight Engaged Communities pitch LOI proposal: engaged_communities_program.pdf. Status: leadership at Knight changed, proposal fell by the wayside.
- 2012 Dell Youth Connect grant, written by Michael Trice: Dell-Youth-Connect-Proposal_LocalWiki_personal_info_redacted.pdf Status: not obtained.
- 2012 Shuttleworth Foundation Proposal: fellowship_fact_finding.pdf and questions.pdf. Application video: https://vimeo.com/52605586 Endorsements: kevin_curry_endorsement.pdf, matt_hampel_endorsement.pdf, (other endorsements private and via video). Status: interest, but not obtained.
- 2011 National Endowment for the Humanities grant proposal, written by Lesise Madsen-Brooks, professor at Boise State University's Department of History: NEHAppMinusBudget.pdf. Status: not obtained. NEH grants are hard!
Super-old grant applications & information
- CC Catalyst Grant (applied for?)