Modes of travel
Not car-free, but occasionally needed:
Tips to live car free
- Live close to the things you care most about
- Pick a job that's close by.
- Pick a primary mode of transportation
- Pick an alternative mode of transportation for the days when your main mode just won't work.
- Shop light, don't impulsively buy, this means plan your purchases.
No Car, No Hassle
Things you never have to worry about once you're car-free
- What's the current price of gas?
- traffic jams
- Towing fees for parking illegally
- Parking tickets
- Residential Parking Permits
- Automobile Repair for your car
- Waiting for a car wash
- Expensive repairs for your car
- No need to pay for Car Insurance
Where to get stuff for biking:
- Bikes can be rented at Smooth Cycle (anywhere else?)
Are you car-free?
If you're car-free or car-lite, enter yourself into the tally below.
Car-free or Car-lite in Charlottetown Name/Login, Car-free or Car-lite?, How many years?