With it's many large oaks and other hardwoods, beautiful Brookhaven truly belongs in the City of Oaks. Even after the devastation of Hurricane Fran in 1996, many yards are graced with towering trees with plenty of shade in summer, and leaves in autumn! Often, it's hard to believe this quiet neighborhood is located between vibrant northwest Glenwood Avenue and West Millbrook Road, within walking distance of Crabtree Valley Mall.
Note: The map on this page is a rough approximation. There is also a newer section of Brookhaven north of West Millbrook Rd.
- Single family homes, many ranch style
- Built in the early 1960's
- Although there are few sidewalks, Brookhaven is very walkable, with many steep hills for a good workout. Within easy walking distance are York Elementary School, including the playground and field, Brookhaven Nature Park, and greenways.
- York Elementary School, located in the neighborhood at 5201 Brookhaven Dr., also serves as the polling place during elections
- Daniels Middle School
- Sanderson High School
- Congressional District: 13
- NC Senate: 15
- NC House: 49
- Superior Court 10C
- Judicial 10
- County Commissioner 07
- Board of Education 07
- Municipal E
This is a collaborative, community-driven effort to share the local info about Raleigh, North Carolina. You are invited to share what you know about the people, places and things in Raleigh - especially the weird, little enjoyable things.
Everyone in Raleigh can edit this website! Just click Edit at the top any page and jump in. Your contributions will help make Raleigh LocalWiki even more useful. Can't find a page on something? Make one! The power is at your fingertips. Visit the about page to get started or just browse around and enjoy.