The Raleigh Capitals once played at Devereux Meadow Ballpark which was located along present day Peace Street between West Street and Capital Blvd. The stadium was built in 1938 and baseball had its up and downs here until the site was cleared in 1979. The area was then used for city services, a parking lot for waste disposal vehicles really.
- Suárez, Leo (2010-03-11). "Baseball In Downtown, Devereux Meadow Meets Progress In Raleigh". http://dtraleigh.com. Retrieved 2012-06-23.