Use this template to enter information about your neighborhood. Do you need help editing?
Delete this text and write a nice introduction. Doesn't have to be long, just a short paragraph.
Below, We have supplied a list of common neighborhood questions. Go through the list, delete the questions (pre-added text) and add the neighborhood's relevant info.
After creating this page you will be prompted to map this neighborhood. Show the neighborhood boundaries by selecting..
- Home Types: Single family homes? Townhomes? Condos? Rentals? Mix of all?
- Ranches? Bungalows?
- Age: Is it an older neighborhood? New? Mix of Both?
The 0.073 square miles that make up the original Fairway Acres was an apple orchard. When the developer decided to build this community, he created 67 lots and three streets: Fairway Drive, Crestline Avenue and Crayton Place. Later houses on the east side of Fairway Drive from Crayon Place to Tryon Road and houses on Bruce Circle were built as part of the Raleigh View subdivision. Now we all consider ourselves as part of Fairway Acres and are 73 homes strong.
Trends: What is going on now in the neighborhood? Nothing? New development?
List the schools here or link to the website
- Does the neighborhood have a website? Put the link here.
- Discussion Group? Is there a yahoo or google group? List it here and mention if it is private or public.
- Which voting district for city/town council, school board, other?
- If Raleigh, which CAC?
Link to any relevant city services -
- If Raleigh, just include the "lookup" page so folks can lookup their services based on their address. http://www.raleighnc.gov/services (look in the right column)
- State Representatives, http://www.ncleg.net/GIS/representation/Representation.html
- Does the neighborhood have sidewalks? Is it walkable? If so, what can you walk to?
- What parks are nearby? Be sure to check out park pages in the wiki and link to them instead of an outside web page.
- Strengths? What are the positive aspects to the neighborhood?
- What are the weaknesses of the neighborhood?
This is a collaborative, community-driven effort to share the local info about Raleigh, North Carolina. You are invited to share what you know about the people, places and things in Raleigh - especially the weird, little enjoyable things.
Everyone in Raleigh can edit this website! Just click Edit at the top any page and jump in. Your contributions will help make Raleigh LocalWiki even more useful. Can't find a page on something? Make one! The power is at your fingertips. Visit the about page to get started or just browse around and enjoy.