What is Innovate Raleigh?
Innovate Raleigh is community-driven, non-profit organization on a mission to be a connector, convener, and communicator of the innovation and entrepreneurship efforts in Raleigh. Our vision is to make Raleigh a top 5 center for innovation in the country.
Innovate Raleigh meetups
#INNOVATERAL are monthly meetings designed to showcase the innovations that are happening in Raleigh, and to bring together our volunteers to continue making connections and progress. Schedule of meet-ups can be found at www.innovateraleigh.com and you can register for the meet-ups via Eventbrite at www.eventbrite.com (keyword Innovate).
Innovate Raleigh committees
Innovate Raleigh is driven by the efforts of our volunteer committees. These committees focus on the areas of Education, Resources, Corporate Engagement, Capital, and Open Community Culture.
If you are interested in being part of a committee, please fill out this form.
- Education Committee - March 2, 2015
- Corporate Engagement Committee - March 2, 2015
- Resources Committee
- Open Community Culture - March 2, 2015 (Images: A, B, C)
Innovation / Entrepreneur resources in the triangle
The following page is intended to help map different assets and resources for innovators and entrepreneurs in the Triangle Region.
Innovate Raleigh events
On January 18th, 2012, Innovate Raleigh held the first-ever Raleigh Innovation Summit at the Raleigh Convention Center in order to "create a unified vision for the City’s innovation and entrepreneurship initiatives." This event was attended by more than 180 people from diverse backgrounds, and the outcome of it is contained in this Raleigh Innovation Summit Final Report.
The main topics that were discussed during the summit centered around these four areas:
- Creating an Innovation Center in Raleigh
- Branding Raleigh as a City of Innovation
- Creating Public/Private/University Partnerships
- Attracting more funding to the region
January 24, 2013 Innovate Raleigh event held at 227 Fayetteville Street:
Virtual table: What do you want to see at the next Innovate Raleigh Summit?
Triangle Business Journal: Slideshow: Hundreds turn out for Innovate Raleigh
The Raleigh Connoisseur: Innovate Raleigh Opens Up 227 Fayetteville Street, Renovations Underway
Vybee.com: Innovate Raleigh 2.0
September 11, 2013
September 10, 2014: Raleigh Innovation Summit held at Marbles Kids Museum
The Innovate Raleigh 2014 breakout sessions focused around:
- The Underbelly of Entrepreneurship - how can Raleigh foster and support risk-taking? Notes and photos here.
- Healthy City, Healthy Entrepreneur - how Raleigh's quality of life, food systems, transit systems, culture, and workplaces can help our entrepreneurial community. Notes and photos here.
- How can Entrepreneurs be City Influencers - civic engagement can spur innovation. Notes and photos here.
We also heard from local serial entrepreneur and founder of Piedmont Biofuels, Lyle Estill, and from Managing Director of Chicago's TechStars, Troy Henikoff.
All of the notes from the 2014 Summit can be found here.
Innovate Raleigh steering committee
The steering committee includes members from Raleigh City Council, NC State, CED, Raleigh Chamber, Wake Tech Community College, Wake County Public Schools, and private business. They meet every two weeks to discuss items of interest and to advance the Innovate Raleigh movement.