Master builder Thomas H. Briggs built the Leonidas Wyatt House, a simple but stylish Italianate dwelling, for local harness maker Leonidas Wyatt and his wife Cora. The house features molded eaves, projecting bay windows, molded window and door surrounds, and porch brackets. The Wyatt's daughter Cora inherited it in 1942 and lived there until 1986. Threatened with demolition in 1988, the house was moved to this location from 107 W. Jones Street. The City of Raleigh rehabilitated the exterior.
|109 South Bloodworth Street|
Thomas H. Briggs
Raleigh Historic Landmark
National Register of Historic Places