Built for tin and hardware dealer J. C. S. Lumsden, the Lumsden-Boone Building is a three-story commercial building and is the only surviving metal-front building on Fayetteville Street. It has a long history of serving as a commercial enterprise, including Kirby's Five & Dime, C. R. Boone DeLuxe Clothier, and, most notably, F. W. Woolworth from 1926 through 1972.
|226 Fayetteville Street|
|Between 1896 and 1903|
Raleigh Historic Landmark
National Register of Historic Places