The Masonic Temple Building, also known as Prince Hall, is a three-story brick building with Italianate details. It housed commercial space on the first floor, a meeting hall on the second floor, and the Masonic Hall on the third floor. It was built in 1907 by Raleigh's earliest African American fraternal orders: the Widow's Sons' Lodge #4, established in 1867 by prominent African American missionary and social leader Bishop James W. Hood; and the Excelsior Lodge #21, founded in 1879. The lodges were major contributors to the social and economic betterment of Raleigh's African American community.
|427 South Blount Street|
Raleigh Historic Landmark
National Register of Historic Places