What do you know about Neuse River Greenway: Falls Lake Dam to Horseshoe Farm Park?
Horseshoe Farm Nature Preserve was carefully designed to ensure preservation of its rich wildlife, natural, and cultural resources as well as the inherent peaceful, quiet character of the property. Many low-impact features such as solar technology, composting toilets, minimal lighting, storm water management, and permeable pavers were incorporated into this unique setting to help achieve the preserve’s identity as a sustainable site. Due to the minimal lighting at the Preserve and the desire to provide quite, undisturbed opportunities for wildlife refuge, Horseshoe Farm Nature Preserve’s operating hours of 7am to ½ hour before dusk, seven days a week were established to provide safe, yet maximum visitor enjoyment to the Preserve. Other parking lots that provide access to the Neuse River Greenway trail can be found at:
- Follows the Neuse River south from Falls Lake Dam
- 2.8 miles to Abbotts Creek Trail connection
- 4.6 miles to bridge to Wake Forest
- 6.5 miles to WRAL Soccer Center
- 7.8 miles to Horseshoe Farm Nature Preserve
* Distance assumes start point at Falls Lake Dam