This Chateauesque style building was designed by Frank P. Milburn and stands on Caswell Square, one of the five public squares in the city's original 1792 plan. The dormitory comprises a hip-roofed main block with parapeted gable projections and engaged towers. Only this building remains of the first state-supported School for the Blind and Deaf in North Carolina. It is now used by the state for offices.
|216 West Jones Street|
Frank P. Milburn
Raleigh Historic Landmark
National Register of Historic Places