Preston Village is a quiet suburban neighborhood with approximately 718 single family homes, in both Preston Village and Lake Ridge in the western part of Cary.
- Single detached larger homes on large lots are located in the main portion of Preston Village. A smaller group of attached single family homes are in Lake Ridge, across Morrisville Parkway.
- Play is an important part of Preston Village, with a huge park-like playground, fenced in, with large and dense trees and benches.
- A well known feature of the subdivision includes the "Circle on the Green" - a large round-about in the front of the neighborhood that has a large grassy area where folks convene to play frisbee, come for "DJ on the Green" events, and to connect.
- The Circle houses a beautiful gazebo with is often used for a "picture spot" for Proms, Weddings and other events. (On Prom night, you have to get there early!)
- The neighborhood was created in 1994, and had a successful launch with a number of homes that were part of 1995 "Parade of Homes." Most of the building and homes were finished in 2005.
- Most homes are custom built, and range from 2400 - 5500 square feet.
- Green Hope Elementary School is right next to Preston Village (some would say it's within Preston Village)
- Green Hope High School is behind the Cary Tennis Center, which is across the street from Green Hope Elementary.
- Preston Village has a vibrant online community where local events are posted, information about the HOA and residents communicate.
- Preston Village is located in the Town of Cary, District A
Town of Cary Services
- If Raleigh, just include the "lookup" page so folks can lookup their services based on their address. http://www.raleighnc.gov/services (look in the right column)
- State Representatives:
Preston Village is a very walkable neighborhood with friendly neighbors and many amenities within the neighborhood such as:
- A swimming pool with covered seating, baby pool
- A "circle on the green" where kids play and hang out with a gazebo (great place for parties, pictures and more)
- Full and well equipped playground along a with a stocked pond for fishing, a small covered gazebo/dock
- A shelter attached to the playground for meeting friends and parties (with bathrooms)
- Close to shopping, Green Hope Elementary School and the Cary Tennis Center