South Raleigh is a suburban area of Raleigh that falls south of the city's downtown and north of the towns of Cary and Garner.
- Renaissance Park
- NC State University Stem Early College High School
- Southeast Raleigh High School
- Centennial Campus Middle School
- Barwell Road Elementary School
- Bugg Elementary School
- Poe Elementary School
- Fuller Elementary School
- Southeast Raleigh Elementary School
- Interstate 40, also known as the Tom Bradshaw Freeway, is a major east-west Interstate highway that connects Raleigh to Durham, the port of Wilmington, and the Blue Ridge Mountains. Forms the southern arc of the Raleigh Beltline (I-440).
- Interstate 87, a regional Interstate highway that connects the city of Raleigh to the towns of Knightdale and Wendell. The currently open segment begins at exit 301 of I-40 and runs concurrent with segments of I-440, US 64, and US 264. Future plans call for an extension to the Hampton Roads area in Norfolk, Virginia.
- Interstate 440, also known as the Raleigh Beltline, is a 16-mile auxiliary Interstate highway that surrounds the northern, eastern, and western sides of the Downtown Raleigh area.
- U.S. Route 64, a major east-west highway that travels through Raleigh. Runs concurrent with portions of I-40, I-440, and I-87.
- U.S. Route 70, a major east-west highway that travels through Raleigh. Follows portions of South Saunders and South Wilmington streets south of Downtown Raleigh, running concurrent with US 401 and NC 50.
- U.S. Route 401, a major north-south highway that travels through Raleigh. Runs concurrent with US 70 and NC 50 along South Saunders and South Wilmington streets.
North Carolina Highways
- North Carolina Highway 50, a major north-south highway that travels through Raleigh. Runs concurrent with US 70 and US 401 along South Saunders and South Wilmington streets.
All bus services in South Raleigh are provided by GoRaleigh.
- Route 5 - Biltmore Hills
- Route 7 - South Saunders
- Route 7L - Carolina Pines
- Route 11L - Buck Jones
- Route 13 - Chavis Heights
- Route 17 - Rock Quarry
- Route 21 - Caraleigh
- Route 22 - State Street
- Route 40X - Wake Tech Express