WakeMed Health & Hospitals is a private, not-for-profit health care organization based in Raleigh, N.C. The 919-bed system comprises a network of health care facilities throughout Wake and Johnston Counties. Centers of excellence include cardiac and vascular care, women’s and children’s services, physical rehabilitation, emergency and trauma, orthopedics, neurosciences, home care and numerous wellness and community outreach programs. WakeMed has 7,750 employees, 1,000 volunteers and more than 1,000 affiliated physicians who serve the residents of North Carolina.
WakeMed Raleigh Campus
WakeMed's largest campus, based in Raleigh, houses five adult intensive care units, same-day surgery center, two 24-hour emergency departments, one for adults and another for children, an 84-bed rehabilitation hospital, Women’s Pavilion & Birthplace, 36-bed neonatal intensive care nursery, physician practices through WakeMed Faculty Physicians, laboratories and diagnostic services.
WakeMed Cary Hospital
WakeMed Cary Hospital, located in Cary, opened in 1991 as Western Wake Medical Center. It is a 156-bed hospital with 24-hour emergency services, same-day surgery center, Women's Pavilion & Birthplace, intensive care unit, imaging services, and a sleep center specializing in diagnosing and treating sleep disorders.
WakeMed North Healthplex
In May 2015, WakeMed Health and Hospitals upgraded their North Healthplex facility into a fully functioning hospital, specializing in women's and children's services. The 61-bed facility will provide comprehensive OBGYN support. It is located at the intersection of Falls of Neuse and Durant Roads in North Raleigh.
In addition to its three full-service hospitals, WakeMed operates many outpatient facilities in and around Wake County including:
- WakeMed Brier Creek Healthplex, located in the Brier Creek area between Raleigh and Durham
- WakeMed Apex Healthplex, located in Apex
- WakeMed Clayton Medical Park, located in Clayton
- WakeMed Brier Creek Medical Park, located in the Brier Creek area between Raleigh and Durham
- WakeMed Zebulon/Wendell Outpatient and Skilled Nursing Facility, located in Zebulon
- WakeMed Fuquay-Varina Outpatient and Skilled Nursing Facility, located in Fuquay-Varina
- WakeMed Wake Forest Road Outpatient Rehab Center, located near the I-440 Beltline in North Raleigh
- WakeMed Home Health, located near Capital Boulevard in North Raleigh
- Blue Ridge Surgery Center, located on Wesvill Court in Raleigh
- Knightdale Medical Building, located on Knightdale Boulevard in Knightdale
|Websites / Social Media|
This is a collaborative, community-driven effort to share the local info about Raleigh, North Carolina. You are invited to share what you know about the people, places and things in Raleigh - especially the weird, little enjoyable things.
Everyone in Raleigh can edit this website! Just click Edit at the top any page and jump in. Your contributions will help make Raleigh LocalWiki even more useful. Can't find a page on something? Make one! The power is at your fingertips. Visit the about page to get started or just browse around and enjoy.