Just like the Triangle Wiki, our "community" is wide open, and anyone can join. And there are lots of ways to get involved. You might already have ideas for new pages, or just want to learn more about the wiki, etc. You can start by meeting the Triangle Wiki community team members in the Wiki Discussion Group on Facebook.
- Getting Started - A guide to get started contributing to LocalWiki for Raleigh
- About the LocalWiki for Raleigh Project
As the wiki grows, there are certain roles that can be filled by community members. Some will contribute content here and there, but others can take more consistent roles as planners, programmers, content specialists, editors, photographers, etc.
- Wikivangelists - A group of people willing to promote the wiki.
- Administrators - wiki editors trusted with access to restricted technical features ("tools").
- Triangle Wiki Gnomes - Wiki editors making useful incremental edits as pages are created. The Wiki Gnomes work behind the scenes, tying up little loose ends and making things run more smoothly on Triangle Wiki.
- Photo Requests - Items that need photographs (Pending LocalWiki feature).
- Stub Pages - We need your knowledge! (Pending LocalWiki feature).
- Programmers - Enchance LocalWiki Software.
Marketing Development - Dedicated to building marketing efforts, so wikivangelists can look good promoting the wiki.
- Triangle Wiki Edit Gatherings - Organize wiki edit parties.
- Graphic Design - Help the Triangle Wiki organizers with graphic design requests.
- Search improvements - Help improve the wiki search ranking.
- Newsletter - Develop a regular newsletter to release new information about the local wiki initiative.
LocalWiki Software Improvements
- Wiki Dashboard - Shows content growth over time and number of users.
- Templates - List of specific page templates.
- Include Pages - Include pages are used to aid contributors during the creating and editing process.
- Wiki Glossary - Glossary for Triangle Wiki users.
- Interesting pages - Help maintain a list of really great pages.
- Front Page - This page is currently being redesigned. Input for revisions was gathered via a survey that was sent out in the spring of 2012.
- Promotional Pages
- Wiki Analytics
- Facebook Advertising