|Business Name||Colonial Downs|
|Address||10515 Colonial Downs Parkway|
Just east of Richmond in New Kent, Colonial Downs was Virginia's only grass and dirt horse racing track. The track closed after the 2013 harness racing season due to a conflict between track management and the Virginia Horsemen's Association over racing dates.
The track petitioned to return in 2015 with a new horsemen's association.
- Summer: Thoroughbred racing
- Fall: Harness Racing
- Strawberry Hill Races held annually in April.
- July 4th Fireworks display on July 3rd and 4th.
Off Track Betting
Two of the eight Off-Track Betting (OTB) locations were in Richmond. They closed in April 2015, when the track fully suspended operations.
- Richmond: 4700 W. Broad Street, (804) 342-2211, Wednesday - Monday - 11:30 am - Midnight 
- Richmond: 6502 Hull Street, (804) 521-7877, Tuesday - Sunday - 11:30 am - Midnight