Here is a guide to some of the best trails and hiking areas in and around Sacramento County!
Hiking Trails in Sacramento County
- American River Parkway
- Brannan Island State Recreation Area
- Carpenter Benchmark. High point for Sacramento County (elevation 828 feet).
- Cosumnes River Ecological Reserve
- Cosumnes River Preserve
- Deer Creek Hills
- Folsom Lake State Recreation Area
- Folsom Powerhouse State Historic Park
- Howard Ranch Trail - Rancho Seco
- Lower Sherman Island Wildlife Area
- Sherman Island County Park
- Stone Lakes National Wildlife Refuge
- Dog Park Directory - Sacramento County
- Regional Parks - Sacramento County (Dry Creek Parkway, Elk Grove Regional Park, Gibson Ranch, Mather Regional Park)
- Sacramento area parks. Describes parks, playgrounds and places to go see and hike in the Sacramento area.
- Great places to walk in the Sacramento region - Examiner.com American River Parkway, McKinley Park, Curtis Park, William Land Park, Elk Grove Park, Capitol Park, Downtown Sacramento, Granite Regional Park, Miner’s & False Ravine/ Roseville, Rancho Seco Park/Howard Ranch Trail.
- Folsom, CA Trails - discoverfolsom.com American River Bike Trail, Avery’s Pond Trail, Doton's Cove Trail, Folsom Parkway Rail Trail, Humbug-Willow Creek Trail, Oak Parkway Trail, Pioneer Express Trail, Rattlesnake-Horseshoe Bar Trail, Oaks Nature Trail.
Hiking Trails Nearby in San Joaquin County
- Bethany Reservoir State Recreation Area
- Boardman North. High point for San Joaquin County (elevation 3626 feet).
- Caswell Memorial State Park
- Corral Hollow Ecological Reserve
- Durham Ferry State Recreation Area
- Franks Tract State Recreation Area
- Mokelumne Coast to Crest Trail
- San Joaquin River National Wildlife Refuge
- White Slough Wildlife Area
- Woodbridge Ecological Reserve (AKA Isenberg Crane Reserve)
Hiking Trails Outside Sacramento County
- El Dorado County Hiking Trails - Rancho Cordova Wiki
- Placer County Hiking Trails - Lincoln Wiki
- Yolo County & Colusa County Hiking Trails - Davis Wiki
- Solano County Hiking Trails - Vacaville Wiki
- Yuba, Sutter, Sierra & Nevada County Hiking Trails - YubaSutter Wiki
- Hiking Trails in California. Statewide lists of trails, parks & hiking areas organized geographically by county.
- California Hiking Trails Directory National, State & County Parks, Hiking Trails Lists, Hiking Groups, & Photos.
- Maps to the trailheads of Sacramento County.
- Acme Mapper provides dynamic, worldwide, road, topographic and satellite maps. It shows coordinates for any point on the map. Enter coordinates or a landmark name and jump to that location on the map.
- Sacramento County Map, San Joaquin County Map, Map of Counties in California.
See more: Sports and Recreation in Sacramento.