For Sac-based websites and blogs, see blogs.
- Comstock's Magazine (website) local perspective on business, monthly
- The Sacramento Bee (website) newspaper, daily
- Sacramento Business Journal (website)
- Sacramento Magazine (website) local perspective and business, monthly
- Sactown Magazine (website) local perspective, bi-monthly
Free Print Publications
- Sacramento News & Review (website) current events and entertainment, weekly
- Inside Arden activity guide, monthly
- Carmichael Times current events and local perspective, weekly
- Alive and Kicking (website) entertainment calendar, monthly
- Empowerment Magazine health and wellness, quarterly
- SubMerge (website) entertainment and lifestyle
- The Humor Times (website)
- Capitol Weekly California government and politics
- The Sacramento Press (website) local news
- The Sacramento Observer news focusing on an African American/Black perspective
- UBOMAG (website) independent media
KEAR is a non-commercial Christian station.
KDVS broadcasts from the University of California Davis at 9600 Watts, but covers most of the Sacramento Valley. Their eclectic freeform college radio programming can sometimes be heard as far away as Nevada, Oregon, and beyond. You can listen anywhere in the world from the streaming audio link at http://www.kdvs.org/.
KYDS El Camino Fundamental High School's radio station playing alternative rock and various other music.
KCCL "KHits 92.1 "plays oldies.
KGBY "Y92.5" plays adult contemporary. Owned by ClearChannel Communications.
KQJK "Jack FM" plays classic and contemporary pop/rock. It has gone through numerous format changes and was most recently KXOA, a hard rock station.
KSSJ plays smooth jazz.
KYMX "Mix 96" plays soft rock. Owned by CBS Radio.
KSEG "The Eagle" plays classic rock.
KDEE is a low-power radio station operating out of Rancho Cordova. The station is owned and operated by the California Black Chamber of Commerce Foundation. The station went on the air in 2004. website.
KRXQ "98 Rock" plays modern rock music.
KZZO "The Zone" plays modern adult contemporary music. Owned by CBS Radio.
KHYL "V101.1" plays urban adult contemporary.
KNTY "The Wolf" plays country music.
KSFM plays urban R&B music. Owned by CBS Radio.
KBMB "The Bomb" plays hip-hop and dance music.
KKFS "The Fish" plays Christian music.
KNCI "New Country" plays country music. Owned by CBS Radio.
KWOD "KWOD v2.0" plays alternative rock. It changed hands in 2003 after a long court battle and is now owned by Entercom.
KDND "The End" plays top 40 music. Owned by Entercom.
KFBK Radio 93.1 FM News and Talk
Note: The digital channels listed are the PSIP channels, not the actual broadcast frequency.
|Call Letters||Analog Channel||Digital Channel(s)||Description||Transmitter Location|
|KCRA||3||3.1 (KCRA-HD), 3.2 (NBC WeatherPlus)||NBC||Walnut Grove|
|KVIE||6||6.1 (KVIE-HD), 6.2 (KVIE2), 6.3 (Vme)||PBS||Walnut Grove|
|KXTV||10||10.1 (KXTV-HD), 10.2 (AccuWeather Network)||ABC||Walnut Grove|
|KOVR||13||13.1 (KOVR-HD), 13.2 (KOVR-SD)||CBS||Walnut Grove|
|KTXL||40||40.1 (KTXL-HD)||Fox Network||Walnut Grove|
|KQCA||58||58.1 (KQCA-HD), 58.2 (THIS TV)||MyNetwork TV||Walnut Grove|
Locally Broadcast Shows
Local Community Sites
- Bear Flag Museum is a nonprofit, online museum and library.
- Craigslist is what everyone wanted the Internet to be like from the beginning. It's a free and open community of people who talk, trade, barter, discuss, and learn, all with a local audience. Craigslist started in San Francisco, but has spread to hundreds of local websites, each focusing on a major city or cultural center. Craigslist is a perfect complement to the Sacramento Wiki. website
- From The Capitol Discussions - Discussions of all the local events and news
- Midtowngrid.com is a quasi-community site. Businesses must pay to be listed. website
- Sacramento Forums is a online community with discussion forums http://sacforums.com/
- Undietacos lists underground shows and events website
- SacLights is an entertainment site hosted by McClatchy Newspapers Inc.
- Sacramento Habitat for Humanity provides ways to help your community
- /r/Sacramento Subreddit is very active with lots of info for Greater Sacramento
- 21Q - A entertainment blog from the Sacramento Bee
- Bbrothersblog.com - 2 brothers in Sacramento, funny and hip
- Bounty and Savings - Sacramento area saving blog with coupon matchups on grocery and drug store sales.
- Cheapo in Sacto - Local Sacramento deals and offers blog
- Confetti & Bliss - Lifestyle blog
- Great Speeches and Interviews - Audio Magazine on History and Politics
- ExploreSacramento.com - Fun and family friendly things to do in Sacramento
- From The Capitol - Real-time Sacramento news and the largest collection of Sac photos
- Left in Sacramento - Local issues from a left-wing perspective
- Living in Urban Sac
- MK Library - Lifestyle, food, and travel blog on heavily researched topics.
- RentLingo - Reviews and videos of every Sacramento apartment building
- Sac Cycle Chic - A blog about promoting urban cycling and the bicycle as everyday transport through a photo journal of fashionable and stylish cyclist in urban Sacramento and the world.
- SacPD Blog - Laws, crime news, and police questions, from the Sacramento Police Department
- Sacramento Blight - Illegal Signs in the City of Sacramento
- Sacramento Connect A network of Sacramento-area bloggers and local media.
- Sacramento Foodways - covering Sacramento food culture through articles, photos and video.
- Sacramento Homeless blog - A blog about Sac County's homeless people and difficulties they encounter.
- Sacramento Top 10 - user generated list of the best businesses, & organizations in the Sacramento area.
- The Sac Rag - News, gossip and snark
- What's Up Sacto
- Movoto- Bay Area real estate site that writes about Sacramento often. They specialize is writing lists about things to do in the city and what it's like to live there. Best in the business.
|This article is a Naked List, and needs content added to it so it's more than just a list.|