There are plenty of sights and things to do in Sacramento. You could visit a historic monument, a park or the zoo, or go to a museum.
This article refers to Historic Monuments. For the history of the region, see History.
Being one of the older developed areas in California, Sacramento has a number of historic monuments, buildings, and features.
Sacramento is the home of the Crocker Art Museum, which is the oldest public art museum west of the Mississippi River. The California State Railroad Museum in Old Sacramento has historical exhibits and live steam locomotives that patrons may ride.
Check out some of Sacramento's other museums:
- Aerospace Museum of California
- Bear Flag Museum
- California Automobile Museum
- California Foundry History Museum
- California State Military Museum
- California Museum for History, Women, and the Arts
- California State Railroad Museum
- California State Capitol Museum
- California State Indian Museum
- Crocker Art Museum
- Discovery Museum Gold Rush History Center
- Discovery Museum Science and Space Center
- Donald F. Salvatori California Pharmacy Museum
- Folsom History Museum
- Folsom Prison Museum
- Historic Old Sacramento Foundation
- Museum of Medical History
- Old Sacramento Schoolhouse Museum
- Sacramento Children's Museum
- Sacramento Zoo
- Sutter's Fort SHP
- Wells Fargo History Museum
|This article is in need of a Photo.To add an image to this page, click "Edit" then click the image button.|
This is something to do with the arts that needs a photo.
|Categories||Arts and Culture, Travel, Sports, Shopping, Outdoors,|
|Annual Events||California State Fair,|
|Venues||Sleeptrain Arena, Cal Expo,|
|Activities||Museums, Movie Theaters, Theme Parks, Restaurants|
|This article is a Naked List, and needs content added to it so it's more than just a list.|