|Photography; Medium Format Film and Digital, Alternative Photographic Processes|
|http://alexdarocy.com (Toy Photography)|
|http://alexdarocy.blogspot.com (Street Photography and Independent Reports)|
|Alex Darocy on Twitter|
|Alex Darocy Photography on Youtube|
Alex Darocy is a fine art photographer shooting mainly toys right now, though he has been doing street photography for some time, working on the series Passing Windows since 2008. He also does some video work, and he publishes local reports and protest oriented, social documentary photography at Santa Cruz Indymedia.
When using toys in his photos, he sets them up to create vivid psychological and or politically themed art.
Alex has a BA degree in the History of Art and Visual Culture from UCSC.
- April 2012—Occupy Art (Art from Occupy Santa Cruz) group show at the Resource Center for Nonviolence
- July 2011—at Caffe Pergolesi
- February 2012—Toymancers: A Romantic Retrospective at Caffe Pergolesi
- July 2010—The Bird Watchers at Caffe Pergolesi
- June 20, 2010—Santa Cruz Community Art Show group show at SubRosa
- October 2008—The "In" Tensions—at Caffe Pergolesi
- April 2008—Lens Flair group show at the Mill Gallery
- March 2008—LBAM You're Dead at Caffe Pergolesi
- September 2007—Toxic Babies at Caffe Pergolesi
- May 2007—Food Chain at Caffe Pergolesi
- March 2007—Face Yourself at Caffe Pergolesi