|State Senator, District 17|
|Santa Cruz Office|
|Santa Cruz County District Office|
|701 Ocean Street, 318-A, Santa Cruz, CA 95060|
Before serving as a State Assembly member for the 27th district from 2008-2012, Bill Monning was a professor at the Monterey College of Law and a professor of International Negotiation and Conflict Resolution at the Monterey Institute of International Studies. He is the former president and co-founder of Global Majority, Inc., an organization committed to education, training and advocacy in the field of non-violent conflict resolution.
Monning received a B.A. at the University of California at Berkeley and a law degree from the University of San Francisco, School of Law. He and his wife, Dana T. Kent, reside in Carmel.
Political Positions & Connections
As a State Assembly Member:
- Chair, Joint Legislative Audit Committee
- Member, Budget Committee
- Member, Environmental Safety and Toxics Materials Committee
- Member, Judiciary Committee
- Member, Labor and Employment Committee
- Member, Budget Subcommittee #5 on Information Technology/Transportation