|This entry is a seed - a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help the Santa Cruz Wiki by expanding it! Simply click on the "Edit" button.|
Santa Cruz has lots of places to find necessities that have less of an impact on the environment.
Visit Santa Cruz County's Environmental Guide and web portal http://www.ecocruz.org for the latest environmental news, events & issues, "green" organization, and many other information.
Certified Green Businesses
Certified Green Businesses are businesses which have received special seals of approval from the Monterey Bay Area Green Business Program. Essentially, businesses which have received this certification have gone above and beyond the minimum standards required by law, and have made improvements which reduce their environmental impact.
Visit their directory for the listing of all Santa Cruz County green-certified businesses.
See: Alternative Fuels
"Green Goods" Retailers
- Eco Goods: Clothing, cleaning supplies
- Felton Nutrition: Health food market (Felton)
- Green Motors: Vehicle sales.
- Greenspace: Housewares, paint, building supplies
- ReStore: Surplus building materials, furniture, and appliances.
- Solar Technologies: Solar panels
- Zero Motorcycles: High performance electric off-road motorcycles
- Gino's Santa Cruz Auto & Truck Wrecking, Recycling, Dismantling, Junkyard: Sustainable Green Recycled Auto & Truck Parts & Accessories.
- California Grey Bears: Recycling and food distribution.
- Clutch Couriers: Bicycle delivery and legal services
- Go Green Cab Company: Biodiesel operated taxi service
- Independent Energy Systems: Solar contractor.
- RePlanet: A California Cash Refund recycling company.
- Tree Circus Center: Commercial and Retail Center in Scotts Valley