The son of ice cream tycoon Irv Robbins, who co-founded Baskin-Robbins, John Robbins chose to follow a different path in life, writing about health and the connection a person's diet has to the environment.
Robbins lives with his family in Soquel.
Biography John Robbins was born on October 26, 1947.
Achievements John Robbins is the author of the following books:
- DIET FOR A NEW AMERICA: How Your Food Choices Affect Your Health, Happiness, and the Future of Life on Earth
- HEALTHY AT 100: The Scientifically Proven Secrets of the World’s Healthiest and Longest-Lived Peoples
- THE FOOD REVOLUTION: How Your Diet Can Help Save Your Life and Our World
- THE AWAKENED HEART: Meditations on Finding Harmony in a Changing World
- RECLAIMING OUR HEALTH: Exploding the Medical Myth and Embracing the Source of True Healing
- Wikipedia Article: John Robbins (author), retrieved on June 16, 2010
- About John Robbins, retrieved on June 16, 2010
- Renowned author John Robbins says he lost life savings in Madoff scheme, By J.M. Brown, Santa Cruz Sentinel, January 23, 2009, retrieved on June 16, 2010
|This entry is a seed - a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help the Santa Cruz Wiki by expanding it! Simply click on the "Edit" button.|
2011-12-16 06:40:23 Please contact me. I am Ruth N. Meyers at [email protected] Please update and reissue your book, "Diet for a New America". I would also like to know if the camp "Yes" is still in existance. I have 2 grandsons need to know about your philosophy. They are a victim of the way society has been brainwashed regarding human health needs. They are 14 and 15 years of age and would so profit by your thoughts and ideas regarding health and lifestyle issues. I do not belong to any of the modern social networks so my E-Mail is the only way.
Ruth N. Meyers 1205 Viewmont Drive Schenectady,New York 12309 Age: 77 Cell Phone: 518-428-8775 Home Phone: 518-428-8775 Background: Graduate of Queens College
Masters in Education Queens College
Masters in Health Education Russell Sage College