|This entry refers to a departed business — a business that has closed or left town. Information here is mostly for historical reference.|
|This article is in need of a Photo.To add an image to this page, click "Edit" then click the image button.|
|301 Center Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060-4308|
|Santa Cruz City Schools District|
The original Laurel School building at this location was built back in 1868, but was replaced with the current building, which was designed by William Weeks, in 1932. The school closed in 1973, and the building converted to what is now the Louden Nelson Community Center, while the playground area is now Laurel Park.