- 1990's — The internet as we know it (well, sort of) is born.
- 1994 — The first official Wiki, titled WikiWikiWeb, hits the internet.
- January 2001 — Wikipedia debuts.
- October 2004 — Daviswiki, a wiki for the town of Davis, California, goes public.
- Aaron Lehman contacts Philip @ Davis Wiki, asking for help setting up a wiki. Philip and Amit help Aaron set up the SCWiki.
- February 27, 2006 — The first edit to this wiki was made by AaronLehmann
- December 2009 — wiki spot became an official 501(c)3 non-profit! All contributions to Wiki Spot became tax-deductible.
- June 2010 LocalWiki, from the founders of wiki spot, was awarded a $350,000 grant.
Front Page News Archive
June 1st & 5th, 2012 - The scruzwiki.org domain name is now linked to the new Santa Cruz Wiki site. We're now running with https, meaning using scruzwiki.org is now much more secure, especially on public networks like coffee shops.
May 27, 2012 - We're currently transitioning to the new LocalWiki system. Until the Front Page is all spruced up, all new editing should happen on this site, santacruz.localwiki.org. We'll move over the scruzwiki.org domain in a few days.
You can also join our new wiki discussion group on facebook.
August 30, 2011 - Bruce Bratton mentioned the Santa Cruz Wiki in is his August 30 - September 5, 2011 column. He also included excerpts from the Market Street Fieldpage. His columns are featured online at brattononline.com.
As of Sep 2009, the Santa Cruz Wiki has 3600 pages!
Wednesday, 19 December 2007 — There is a new Santa Cruz Wiki logo candidate posted at the Logo Vote page! Take a look and post your vote or comments.
As of 25 September 2007, the Santa Cruz Wiki now has 900 pages! Chip in and we'll hit 1,000 in no time flat.
|This entry is a seed - a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help the Santa Cruz Wiki by expanding it! Simply click on the "Edit" button.|