|Specific Locations of Filming|
|Pacific Garden Mall, Boardwalk, Stagnaro's Restaurant|
San Francisco cop Dirty Harry Callahan tracks a vengeful killer down to the California town of "San Paulo."
Filming was in the Spring of 1983.
Scenes Prominently Featuring Local Locations
- Opening scene has Harry Callahan walking in the hall of the courthouse building.
- One of Clint's dwellings in the movie is an apartment at La Bahia
- Inside Izant's hardware store. (Building is now Play It Again Sports)
- Fight scenes with bad guys at Stagnaros fish counter.
- Final showdown on the Boardwalk Giant Dipper and Looff Carousel.
Some of the areas have been re-done since the earthquake.
- Car chase scenes on Pacific Garden Mall.
- Downtown Santa Cruz - before the earthquake.
- Meeting a friend at the Cooper House outside restaurant.
- Running through one of the Downtown Tunnels.
Overall Effects of the Film Locally
- Crocker Bank (Image from film.)
- Soquel Avenue (Image from film.)
- Downtown Tunnels (Images from film.)
- Wikipedia Article: Sudden Impact
- Movies Filmed Locally
|This entry is a seed - a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help the Santa Cruz Wiki by expanding it! Simply click on the "Edit" button.|
|This article is in need of a Photo.To add an image to this page, click "Edit" then click the image button.|
2007-10-31 00:10:50 I was working at The Dolphin Restaurant at the end of the Wharf while they were filming at Stagnaros. —Johnny
2010-02-05 18:27:36 The vehicle chase on Pacific Garden Mall was done in reverse direction of the one way street. —Harlan