|Office: East Field House|
|Mon - Thur: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.|
|Friday: 7 am - 8 p.m.|
|Sat & Sun: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|(831) 459 - 2531|
|Cash, Check, Credit Card, Other|
The UCSC Office of Physical Education, Recreation and Sports is an official university program that focuses on providing recreation and sports opportunities for the UCSC community, as well as the Santa Cruz community.
OPERS facilities include:
- On-site facilities for aquatics, tennis, volleyball, field sports, basketball, fencing, racquetball, track & field, and more
- Free long-term rental of lock and personal locker for athletic wear and equipment, as well as short term rental (also free) of basketballs, tennis rackets and other sports equipment
- Outdoor Equipment Rental for adventure outings, surfing, camping and more
- Two sets of mens and womens locker rooms (one set by the entrance to the swimming pool, the other set at the bottom of the stairs by the west entrance)
- Wellness Center On-campus gym
Other programs include:
- UCSC Sports A listing of different sports activities and opportunities sponsored by UCSC, including, intramural, competitive and club sports.
- UCSC Holistic Health Certification Program UCSC students have the opportunity to become certified massage therapists through a curriculum separate from the general academic studies.
- OPERS recreational classes and adventure outings (visit the website for current class listings)