The Office of the Assessor-Recorder is responsible for carrying out the property tax-related functions governed by the State Constitution and state and local laws.
The Assessor-Recorder has the following basic responsibilities:
- Locate all taxable property in the County and identify the ownership.
- Establish a taxable value for all property subject to property taxation.
- List the value of all property on the assessment roll.
- Apply all legal exemptions.
- Maintain public records.
- Collect City revenues from the recording of legal documents.
- Conduct fair and efficient assessments.
- Improve Customer Services and Technology.
- Ensure equality in all assessments.
To review the 2013 Annual Report, click here.
To learn more about the office of the Assessor-Recorder, click here.