The San Francisco Redevelopment Agency was created in the 1950s by state law.
List of projects / developments:
- Butchertown (India Basin) industrial redevelopment in 1968
- Yerba Buena Center (different from Yerba Buena Center for the Arts)
- Mission Bay
- Hunters Point Shipyard
- Treasure Island
- Visitacion Valley
- Western Addition/Fillmore, starting in the 1960s
- Transbay Transit Center
- Joseph Alioto (Chairman, 1960s)
- M. Justin Herman (Executive Director, April 1959 - August 1971)
- Fred Blackwell (Executive Director, 2008ish)
The agency officially ended in early 2014. Its "successor agency" finished redistributing or ending their ongoing projects on April 25, 2014.
- Office of Economic and Workforce Development
- City Administrator's Office
- The Mayor's Office of Housing (Former SFRA Housing Programs)
- Port of San Francisco
Pages tagged “sf redevelopment agency”
Redevelopment around the Bay
Also you might be interested in learning about Oakland's redevelopment agency which also had a significant impact on Oakland.