You can't go to some coffee shops in San Francisco without overhearing someone pitching their startup to a VC, or bragging about pitching to VCs.
- Epicenter Cafe - but less so now that they are charging for wi-fi.
- The Creamery - famously where Sarah Taylor overhead Yammer employees talking about their acquisition by Microsoft, weeks before the official announcement.
- Blue Bottle
- Four Barrel Coffee, whose front parklet is often encrusted with Google Glass-wearing dudes talking about Reddit
- Ritual Coffee Roasters (see "tech notabilities" in article - Flickr team meetings, etc.)
- Sightglass SOMA is always full of VCs