Describe William Green here.
- Was at the Bear Flag Revolt as a member of Stevenson's Regiment
- Member of Boggs Gold Party.
- Appears on 1860 Census in the town of Sonoma, as a Lumber Merchant, age 39, born in New York
- Sacramento Daily Union, 12 Aug 1861 — "A Schooner Partly Destroyed — The schooner "Gale," plying between Sonoma and San Francisco, was partly destroyed by fire lately, at the former place. She was laden with hay, all of which was burned. The schooner was owned by Green & Holton, of Sonoma. Loss about $300."
- Co-owner of the Steamer Sonoma, launched in 1873