On August 9, 2014, Mike Brown was shot and killed by Darren Wilson, a Ferguson police officer. Every day since then, area residents and supporters have been protesting, holding vigils, and clashing with the police.
Help document everything related to what's been going down in Ferguson and around the world since the shooting of Michael Brown.
- Darren Wilson (officer named as killing Michael Brown)
- Ferguson Timeline
- Media blackout and Media Staging Area
- Nationwide Michael Brown Protests
- Police militarization
- Police tactics
- Sources of latest information
- I want to see an article that talks about other examples of young brown and black people being targeted by police and how different communities and local governments have responded. See "Similar occurances in other communities".
- name them (and add hashtags)
- describe borders, shapes, terrain, zip codes
- informal descriptions of the people, the streets
- landmarks (schools, businesses, parks, etc.),
- neighborhood history
Mike Brown killing and aftermath
The situation is Ferguson is being documented on Wikipedia, but it's important to cover it here on Localwiki. Wikipedia has standards for its content which try to attain a degree of objectivity and documentation which forces coverage at a broader level. Localwiki has been used to successfully document police action in other cities which Wikipedia wouldn't deem "encyclopedic" but which is nonetheless important to document.
How to contribute
- Edit this page to add details as news develops.
- Contribute to Pages Still Needed.
Create a new page by clicking "Add new page" at the top right of any page.
- NOTE: If you create a new page, add the tag "Ferguson" by scrolling to the bottom of the page, clicking "Edit tags", and writing "Ferguson". This way, your page will be listed below:
Pages tagged “ferguson”
Other City information
James Knowles III is mayor of Ferguson (2014).