Bicycling is growing in the more urban areas of Syracuse as bike lanes and parking are being built at a rapid pace. Away from the city center, there are many paved and unpaved trails including the Onondaga Lake Creekwalk, Onondaga Shorleline trails, and the historic Erie Canalway trail. The Onondaga Cycling club organizes regular rides for new and experienced members. Sites like Bikely.com are always around to help pedaling fans find new routes and trails. If you've got a spot or a trail that isn't on the list don't be stingy, the more the merrier!
Notes and References
- Onondaga Cycling Club - Website
- Progress is slow on making Syracuse streets more bike friendly for commuters on Syracuse.com Blog.
- Syracuse and its biking potential - this letter and the Syracuse Transportation Council Biking Map all date back 20 2006 (:>(
Places to Bike
- Bikely.com's List of Trails
- Trails.com's List
- List Your Favorites Here: (or go to Bikely.com and add them there)