Our Company Logo page provides information and rationale for the use of company logos, the use of which on the Syracuse Wiki might be construed by the viewer as a copyright or trademark infringement.
See Wikipedia:Logos for a complete discussion of the issues and resolutions regarding the display of logos in an encyclopedia application. Not all of the rationale will apply to Syracuse Wiki, as we are not an encyclopedia or a research project.
Syracuse Wiki Procedures for Logos1
- Syracuse Wiki uploads and displays representations of the logos of organizations where:
- The display of the logo is considered a significant viewer identification symbol for the viewer of the page on which it is contained.
- The logo was obtained from WikiMedia images and the contributor believes the use in Syracuse Wiki to be fair use.
- The logo was obtained from the publicly accessible website of the subject company.
- The logo was obtained from another publicly accessible website which portrayed the logo in a fair-use form.
- The logo image was not altered other than by reduction to a fair-use size and/or file format.
- Display of a company logo on Syracuse Wiki does not imply endorsement by Syracuse Wiki.
- Logos are identified by insertion of the ["Company Logo"] wiki link in the image title or attached text, adding the notation " ®" for registered trademarks.
See our Talk Page for discussion and comments.
Pages with Company/Organization Logos
1. Language borrowed directly or in edited form from Wikipedia references