- New Years Day - January 1
- Australia Day - January 26
- Good Friday - (varies)
- Easter Monday - (varies)
- ANZAC Day - April 25
- Christmas Day - December 25
- Boxing Day - December 26
If New Years Day, Australia Day, Christmas Day or Boxing Day fall on a weekend, the following Monday is a public holiday. ANZAC Day does not get a substitute holiday.
These dates are always celebrated on a Monday.
- Easter Tuesday - (varies)
Easter Tuesday is a restricted public holiday and is usually bank and government employees only.
- Royal Hobart Regatta (Southern Tasmania only) - Second Monday in February
- Royal Hobart Show (Southern Tasmania only) - Thursday before the fourth Saturday in October
- Royal Launceston Show (Launceston area only) - Thursday before the second Saturday in October
- Recreation Day (Northern Tasmania only) - First Monday in November
There are also additional holidays in local areas for certain events, mainly local show days.