• 1967 - Emmanuel Baptist Christian School began operation with one kindergarten class of 11 students housed in the Emmanuel Baptist Church facility.
• 1968 - First and second grade were added.
• 1969 – School opened with 102 students in grades K-5.
• 1972 - The enrollment had reached 260 with 16 students taking part in the first eighth grade graduation. Twenty acres of land located at 4607 Laskey Rd was purchased by the church and plans developed to build a school on the property.
• 1973 - Grades nine and ten were added and Emmanuel Baptist High School was born.
• 1976 - Nine students participated in the first high school commencement in June.
• 1977 - On February 14, classes were held for grades 7-12 for the first time on our current property at 4607 Laskey Rd.
• 1992 - The school was accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International.
• 2000 - Emmanuel Baptist Christian School was chartered as a non-public school by the state of Ohio.
• 2000-2001 - Construction began on a two story elementary building, and a second gym (the Dunbar) was added to the facilities. These facilities were made possible by the generous gift of Roger and Florence Dunbar. This allowed the elementary school to relocate to 4607 Laskey Road with space for two classrooms at each grade level.
• 2003-2004 - The baseball and softball fields were updated. Lights and a press box were added to the soccer field. The following year, the Parmelee Gym underwent renovations which included new bleachers, a new wood floor and remodeled locker rooms. These improvements were financed by gifts from individuals.
• 2005 – In December, mercury contamination resulting from a fire in the chemistry storage area required demolition of the high school building. Reconstruction was completed in time for classes to begin in August 2006.
• 2006 – In the spring, the name of the school was changed to Emmanuel Christian School. Currently, the 415 students represent over 80 churches in the Toledo area. Seventy students live in Michigan.
• 2008 - Association of Christian School International accreditation renewal approved.
• 2008-2009 - Recognized by ACSI for an Exemplary School Program - Reading Across the Curriculum.
• 2011 - Air conditioning installed in the Parmelee Gym and high school honors program added to the curriculum, modeled after the Classic Christian School model.
The school is a ministry of Emmanuel Baptist Church. It is governed by a School Committee which consists of seven – nine members. The chairman is a deacon of Emmanuel Baptist Church. Two members of the School Committee may be filled with individuals who are not members of Emmanuel Baptist Church.
Though the years have brought changes to the facilities, personnel, and name of the school, the mission of the school remains. “To assist the Christian family by providing students with godly, loving training that inspires them to exemplify Christ, make biblically-based decisions and attain academic excellence.