List of technology groups and events in the Toledo Region. Events from these groups, and other events for Toledo Region tech community, are listed in ToledoTechEvents.org. See a summary of what these groups did in 2012 and 2013.
NWNUG (Northwest Ohio .NET User Group). Promote learning, share enthusiasm, provide a forum for discussion regarding Microsoft's .NET technology.
FANUG (Findlay Area .NET Users Group). Presentations from area experts to assist developers with their education in Microsoft’s .NET technology.
CocoaHeads Toledo. Discussion of Apple Computer's Cocoa Framework for programming on MacOS X and iOS.
NWO-PUG (Northwest Ohio PHP User Group). Support local PHP developers no matter their knowledge level.
OpenHack Toledo. Get programmers of any experience level together to code.
Dev Toledo. A technology and platform agnostic user group.
Toledo Geek Lunch. Casual geek lunches.
CodeMash. Educate developers on current practices, methodologies, and technology trends in a variety of platforms and development languages. Annual conference in January, at Kalahari waterpark in Sandusky.
Designers and User Interface Developers
- Toledo Web Professionals (& Toledo Geek Dinner). Web professionals like web designers, graphic designers, web developers, internet marketers, search engine specialists, information architects.
Refresh Toledo. Design, technology, usability, and web standards.
Other Information Technologists
- Tech Toledo. Bringing Toledo's technology professionals together.
- ISACA Northwest Ohio. Information systems audit, control and security.
- NWOACM (Northwest Ohio chapter of Association for Computing Machinery). ACM is the world’s oldest and largest educational and scientific computing society.
- TMOUG (Toledo Metro Oracle User's Group). Open to anyone with an interest in Oracle solutions.
- TALUG (Toledo Area Linux Users Group). Promoting awareness and use of GNU/Linux and open source software.
- NWOFMPUG (Northwest Ohio FileMaker Pro Users Group). FileMaker Pro is powerful, easy-to-use database software.
- UT-ASM (Association of Systems Management): Student organization at the University of Toledo with mission to serve students interested in information systems.
- Northwest Ohio SharePoint User Group: Business analysts, managers, developers and others interested in Microsoft SharePoint.
- Toledo VMUG. VMware user group: discuss virtualization trends, best practices, and the latest technology.
- Northwest Ohio IT Alliance. IT and Controls/Automation professionals.
Entrepreneurs and Start-ups
- StartUp Toledo. Celebration of Toledo's innovators, entrepreneurs and creatives.
- Tech Connect. Information on start-up funds and services for entrepreneurs.
- Startup Weekend Toledo. Go from idea to the beginnings of a company in an intense 54-hour period.
- TST (Technical Society of Toledo). Working to bring engineering, technology, business and community together.
- Glass Act Labs: Express their interest in creating and participating in a hackerspace (open community lab, workbench, machine shop, workshop, studio) for the Toledo area.
- IEEE Toledo: IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.
- The Nerd Summit. New meet-up (2/2013) about emerging technology.
- AIGA Toledo. Advance design as a professional craft, strategic tool and vital cultural force.
- Pecha Kucha Night Toledo. Presentation format: 20 slides x 20 seconds.
- TEDxToledo. Independently organized TED event.
- TEDxBGSU. Independently organized TED event.
- Ad Club of Toledo: professional and social organization for individuals actively involved in the creation and production of advertising and marketing communications.
- Social Media Breakfast: where people meet, share and learn how to use social media.
- Seed Coworking. Coworking space that hosts many events, including a Lunch 'n' Learn.