The Toledo Lucas County Public Library (TLCPL) supports and enhances a better quality of life for all residents of Lucas County. This is achieved by offering open and equitable access to information and services.
TLCPL was founded in 1838, making it the first public library funded by tax dollars in the state of Ohio.
In 1970, three Library systems merged to form the current countywide Toledo-Lucas County Public Library. In subsequent years, the logic of that merger has been demonstrated repeatedly in improved service, increased usage, and more effective use of tax funds.
The system now claims a Main Library with 18 neighborhood branch locations and one of the oldest bookmobile services in the country.