- YUM! York University Farmers' Market - Thursdays 11-5pm - York University - https://www.facebook.com/yorkumarket
Farmers' Markets during TOStrike
The current TOStrike has affected various Farmers' Markets.
- Nathan Phillips Square
- East York Civic Centre
- Etobicoke Civic Centre
- Metro Hall Farmers’ Market
- North York Civic Centre
Open, but Altered:
- Riverdale Farm – moved to the north side of Winchester on The Boulevard
- Dufferin Grove – no snack bar or wood-fired-oven breads
- Sorauren Park – set up on Wabash St. on the south side of the park this past Monday; planning to go ahead next week
Open in Usual Location:
- St. Lawrence Market
- Stonegate Farmers’ Market
- Sherway Gardens
- The Chef’s Market and Farmers’ Market, Don Valley Brick Works
- Village Market at Toronto Waldorf School
- Bloor-Borden Farmers’ Market
- Liberty Village
- SickKids Hospital (University Ave.)
- Historic St. Andrew’s
- Guildwood Village Farmers’ Market
- BirchCliff Village Market
- BirchCliff Indoor Village Market
- Weston Farmers’ Market
- Sunshine Garden Market (CAMH grounds, Queen St. W.)
- East Lynn Park
- Yonge-Eglinton AppleTree Farmers’ Market
- Distillery District Farmers’ Market
- Green Barn Market
- Trinity Bellwoods
- Withrow Park
- Flemingdon Park Good Food Market
- Lakeshore LAMP Good Food Market
Please share your additions/corrections/updates...
Farmer's Markets are places where farmers sell the food that they have grown on their farm. In many cases other things are also sold at these market's including food that was clearly not locally grown (i.e. tropical fruits and vegetables). Arts and crafts tables are also often seen at Farmer's Markets. Many markets try to focus on locally grown and organic foods. The only year round Farmer's Markets in Toronto are the St. Lawrence Market, Dufferin Grove Farmer's Market (every thursday) and the Downsview Park Farmers and Merchants Market.
Farmers markets for 2007 season in Toronto - listed in alphabetical order:
Don Valley Brickworks Farmers' Market 550 Bayview Ave - just off the Bayview Extension (between the Prince Edward Viaduct and Pottery Rd.) Saturday & Sunday May 26 and 27, 10 am - 4 pm Then Saturdays only June 2 - October 27, 8 am - 2 pm
Downsview Park Farmers and Merchants Market 40 Carl Hall Road (Parc Downsview Park near Keele and Sheppard) Year round Sat & Sun, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Dufferin Grove Farmer's Market 875 Dufferin Street (in the park across from the Dufferin Mall). Year round Thursdays, 3 - 7 pm (outdoors around the rinkhouse in summer and inside the rinkhouse in winter)
East York Civic Centre 850 Coxwell Avenue Tuesdays May 22 to October 30, 2007, 9 am - 2 pm
Etobicoke Civic Centre 399 The West Mall Saturdays June 2 - October 27, 2007, 8 am to 2 pm
Green P Carpark Farmer's Market at Bloor & Borden Wednesdays 3pm to 7pm June 4 to Oct 29
Metro Hall Square 55 John Street Thursdays May 31 - Oct 25, 2007, 8 am - 2:30 pm
Riverdale Farm 201 Winchester Street (three blocks east of Parliament Street) The first market will be on Saturday, May 5, 2007. Markets then occur Tuesdays May 8 - Oct. 30, 2007, 3 - 7 pm
St. Lawrence Market 92 Front Street East Year Round Tuesday thru Sunday (Farmers come on Saturdays)
Trinity Bellwoods Farmers Market TIME: Tuesdays 3pm to 7pm SEASON: May 12th to Oct. 27th (rain or shine) LOCATION: north/west end of park, Dundas W. & Shaw/Crawford ACCESS: foot, bike, wheelchair, TTC
- please bring your reusable shopping bags.
- please make efforts to arrive by foot, bike or TTC.
- parking along east curb of Shaw, south of Dundas W. is reserved for participating vendors only.
- patron parking is limited, if you bring vehicle, Dundas W. has 1 hour parking until 6pm.
York GO Train parking lot at John St. & Weston Rd. Saturdays May 19 - Oct. 27, 2007, 7 am - 2 pm