Toronto Lights 93 Candles for Norway
The tragic events in Oslo Norway have been on the minds of many Torontonians.
Today, Sunday July 24 2011, memorials for the 93 victims were held in Oslo and across Norway.
Listening to the conversation on twitter, it seemed people in the city might want to gather in person and reflect if for a moment.
Location: Little Norway Park, North-East Corner by the flagpoles
Queen's Quay West and Bathurst Street
- We'll have simple tea-lights and plastic cup holders.
- Please feel free to bring your own candles, lighters
- Bring flowers if you wish
- If you can bring a Norway Flag, that would be good.
- 9:00 p.m. Begin lighting of 93 Candles
- 9:30 p.m. Moment of Silence
- 9:35 p.m. Few short words about Little Norway Park and Historic bonds between Toronto and Norway
- 10:00 p.m. Candlelight memorial ends
Help get the word out
It's very short notice, so I can only guarantee that I (HiMY SYeD) personally will be there. If you can make it, great. If not, perhaps if people wish, we may pick a day later this week to hold a second one.
Please use the Twitter hashtag : #norwayTO when getting the word out.