Billy Turner was one of Tulsa's early lamplighters. He joined the Tulsa Corp., predecessor of Public Service Co. in 1911. His task was to service the lights from a horse and two-wheeled cart. At that time, carbon filaments were used and had to be changed every five days. He later became the first Public Service worker to use a gasoline-powered vehicle.
Source: Tulsa Word 10 Aug 1952 accessed from Tulsa City-County Library