This is a collaborative effort to share local knowledge about Tulsa! With your help, it will contain everything about Tulsa, Tulsa County, and items related to Green Country. It is built and maintained by the people who use it - people like you!
Anyone can edit this website. Just click Edit at the top any page and jump in. Your contributions will help make Tulsa LocalWiki even more useful. Can't find a page on something? Make one! Read our Help page to get started, try a Template for a new page, or just browse around and enjoy.
In 2002, the Tulsa Zoo opened the African Black-footed Penguin habitat. As a fundraiser for the habitat and to celebrate their 75th anniversary, the Zoo had a fundraiser where they sold 6-foot tall penguin statues to local businesses and groups. The buyers named and decorated the penguin, and displayed it somewhere on their property. A number of the penguins are still on display around Tulsa.
See Penguins for more...
See something below not linked yet? Search for it in the search box at the top right. If we don't have such a page yet, create it! See our Pages Wanted for more content ideas. Read the Help page for basic getting started information.
Local Event Calendars, Regular & Ongoing Events, Historical Events
- Live Music, Local Authors
- Professional Sports, Community Running Events, Cycling Events, Soccer, Rodeos
- Living Cheaply, Discounts and Freebies, Shopping
- Social Services, Food Pantries
- Tax Help, Free Legal Services
- Coworking spaces
- Support Groups
- Senior Citizens
- Parks, Dog Parks, Swimming Pools, Splash Pads
- Gardening, Local Flora, Local Fauna, Community Gardens
- BOK Events, Convention Center, Expo Center
- Outdoor Seating
- Running Trails
Vision 2025 Sales Tax Rebate, Garbage Service, Property Taxes
Museums, Arts & Humanities, Libraries
Universities & Colleges, Professional Schools, Continuing Education, Homeschooling, Adult Education, Literacy, English as a Second Language
- Local History, Historic Places, Haunted Tulsa, Beryl Ford Collection
- Weather, Environment, Geography, Maps
- Landmarks, Architecture, Neighborhoods, Tunnels
- Organizations & Services, City & County Government, Tulsa Facts
- Transportation, Getting Around in Tulsa, Bicycling in Tulsa
- Tulsa Police Department, Tulsa Fire Department, Crime
- Local Publications, Television Stations, Radio Stations
Cover photo CC-BY-ND Rex Brown
Some interesting pages
Explore nearby regions
Or maybe you want to see all LocalWiki regions?