Uptown is a popular commercial district in southwestern Minneapolis centered at the Uptown Theater (the former Lagoon) at the intersection of Hennepin Avenue and Lagoon Avenue. It has traditionally spanned the corners of four neighborhoods, Lowry Hill East, ECCO, CARAG and East Isles neighborhoods, within the Calhoun Isles community. According to the Uptown Association, a group of business owners and landlords, the boundaries of Uptown are Lake Calhoun to the west, Dupont Avenue to the east, 31st Street to the south, and 28th Street to the north.
- Home Types: Single family homes? Townhomes? Condos? Rentals? Mix of all?
- Ranches? Bungalows?
- Age: Is it an older neighborhood? New? Mix of Both?
This can be long or short. Who built the neighborhood? Has it changed over time?
Trends: What is going on now in the neighborhood? Nothing? New development?
List the schools here or link to the website
- Does the neighborhood have a website? Put the link here.
- Discussion Group? Is there a yahoo or google group? List it here and mention if it is private or public.
- Which voting district for city/town council, school board, other?
- Link to any relevant city services
- State Representatives
- Does the neighborhood have sidewalks? Is it walkable? If so, what can you walk to?
- What parks are nearby? Be sure to check out park pages in the wiki and link to them instead of an outside web page.
- Strengths? What are the positive aspects to the neighborhood?
This entry is a seed.
You can help the Twin Cites Wiki by expanding it! Just click the "Edit" button.
This article is in need of a Photo!
To add an image to this page, click "Edit" then click the "Image" button.