Here are some of the best outdoor activities, trails and hiking areas in and around Vacaville, CA and Solano County! If your favorite local hiking area or trail is not yet listed please click on the "new user" link above, get a free wiki account, learn about editing on the wiki, then post your information about hiking trails here.
Hiking Trails Nearby in Solano County
- Bay Area Ridge Trail. Solano County segments of the trail that have been completed: Rockville Hills Community Park, Lynch Canyon Open Space, Hiddenbrooke Trail, Vallejo-Benicia Buffer, Vallejo-Benicia Waterfront.
- Benicia State Recreation Area and Forrest Deaner Native Plant Botanic Garden
- Blue Rock Springs Park
- Dog Park Directory - Solano County
- Fairfield Open Space Properties Rolling Hills Open Space (338 acres), Serpas Ranch Open Space (365 acres), Spyglass Open Space (25 acres).
- Glen Cove Waterfront Park
- Green Valley Falls Access via docent-led hikes only.
- Grizzly Island Wildlife Area The elk are there all year around. The waterfowl are most abundant at Grizzly Island from September through February or March. Waterfowl hunting season is usually on Sat, Sun and Wed from the last weekend in Sept through the last weekend in Jan. That leaves early Sept and Feb as the best times for birdwatching.
- Hiddenbrooke Trail
- Hill Slough Wildlife Area
- Jepson Prairie Reserve
- Lagoon Valley Park
- Lake Herman Preserve
- Lake Solano County Park
- Lynch Canyon Open Space is adjacent to Newell Open Space Preserve in Napa County.
- Mare Island Shoreline Heritage Preserve
- Mount Vaca Highest point of elevation in Solano County.
- Napa-Sonoma Marshes Wildlife Area
- Putah Creek Riparian Reserve
- Rockville Hills Regional Park
- Rush Ranch
- Sandy Beach County Park
- San Francisco Baytrail This trail completely encircles San Francisco Bay, in most places at or near the shoreline. Trail map: Solano & Contra Costa Counties (pdf).
- San Pablo Bay National Wildlife Refuge
- Solano Open Space.
- Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve
- Vallejo Benicia Buffer
- Access only by boat: Calhoun Cut Ecological Reserve, Decker Island Wildlife Area, Miner Slough Wildlife Area, Peytonia Slough Ecological Reserve, Putah Creek State Wildlife Area
Maps of Solano County
- Hiking in Solano County, California - Map to the Trailheads.
- Instructions for using Acme Mapper. It provides dynamic, worldwide, road, topographic and satellite maps. It shows coordinates for any point on the map. Enter coordinates or a landmark name and jump to that location on the map.
- Solano County Map. Map of Counties in California.
Hiking Trails Outside Solano County
- Hiking Trails in California. Statewide lists of trails, parks & hiking areas organized geographically by county.
- Hiking Trails in San Francisco Bay Area. Hiking areas, trails & parks in the counties surrounding SF Bay.
- California Hiking Trails Directory National, State & County Parks, Hiking Trails Lists, Hiking Clubs, & Photos.
More about: Outdoor Activities in Solano County.