The Livability Initiative is an opportunity for the New River Valley’s residents to develop a vision for the future and develop strategies that businesses, community organizations, local governments, and individuals can use to make this future vision a reality. The initiative is supported by the New River Valley Planning District (PDC 4)
|Type of Organization||Government Initiative|
|Kevin Byrd (Executive Director)|
Mission : To enhance the livability of the New River Valley by integrating as a rural, regional community that honors our region's existing values while building economic competitiveness and capitalizing on the unique local characteristics and diversity of the region.
Issues of focus
- Arts and Culture
- Economic Development
- Natural and water resources
- Community Health
- The programs are also known as working groups and they happen when members of the community to talk about ways to improve whatever topic is decided on. Those topics are listed above in the "issues of focus" section of this localwiki.
- Beans and Rice, Inc.
- Blacksburg Partnership
- Christiansburg Institute
- Friends of the Farmers Market
- Go Green NRV
- NRV Association of REALTORS, Inc.
- NRV Economic Development Alliance
- NRV Homebuilders Association
- NRV Network Wireless Authority
- RIDE Solutions
- ‘Round the Mountain: Southwest Virginia’s Artisan Network
- Southwest VA Cultural Heritage Commission
- Sustainable Blacksburg, Inc.
- Sustain Floyd
- Trout Unlimited – NRV Chapter
- Virginia Cooperative Extension – Floyd
- Virginia Cooperative Extension – Giles
- Virginia Cooperative Extension – Pulaski
- Virginia Interfaith Center for Public Policy
- VA Dept. of Conservation and Recreation
- VA Dept. of Environmental Quality
- VA Dept. of Forestry
- Virginia Community Capital
- YMCA at Virginia Tech