Charter Bank began on December 15, 1933, as the First National Bank of Wyandotte, operating out of offices at 3058 First Street in Wyandotte, which still operates today as a Citizens Bank branch. After regulations that banned bank branches were lifted, the First National Bank opened it's first branch at 2517 Fort Street in 1949.
Charter Bank was acquired by the similarly-named Charter One Bank on August 9, 2002.
- 23455 Eureka Road, Taylor (opened May 22, 1967, now a Citizens Bank branch)
- 25700 Goddard Road, Taylor (opened May 15, 1971, now a Citizens Bank branch)
- 3635 West Road, Trenton (opened December 16, 1994, now a Citizens Bank branch)
- 3058 First Street, Wyandotte (now a Citizens Bank branch)
- 2517 Fort Street, Wyandotte (sold to Monroe Bank & Trust as Charter One already had a branch a half-mile south)