Beckwourth Riverfront Park Complex is located on the Feather River in Marysville and is named in honor of James Pierson Beckwourth. The main road through it is Bizz Johnson Drive, which can be reached from F Street or from 14th Street. The park complex features free boat launching facilities, softball fields, soccer fields, a golf driving range, a motocross and ATV course for off-road vehicles, a BMX track, restrooms, and a nature area. Jet skiing and water skiing are permitted. Marysville Municipal Code § 16.50 tells how to apply for a permit for your group to have exclusive use of the Lyons Grove picnic area at Beckwourth Riverfront Park Complex during a specified time period.
The following rules are set forth in Marysville Municipal Code § 16.10:
1. It is illegal to be in Beckwourth Riverfront Park Complex at any time between 11:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m., except if the Marysville City Council or a person designated by it has given advance permission for your group to camp there as part of an organized group event with liability insurance, cleanup deposits, security, and an application submitted at least five working days before the event.
2. It is illegal to swim in or adjacent to the park.
3. It is illegal to use, possess, or sell fireworks in the park without a permit from the State Fire Marshal.
4. It is illegal to operate any vehicle, including motorcycles and off-road vehicles, in the park or on any levee around the park, except on paved roads or in the area north of the 10th Street Bridge that is specifically designated for off-road vehicles.
5. It is illegal to fish within 100 feet of the boat dock or boat launching ramp.
6. It is illegal to park or stop a vehicle on or near the boat ramp or anywhere else in the park, except in designated parking places.
The punishment for breaking any of rules 1 through 5 is a $250 fine. The punishment for breaking rule 6 is a $25 fine.