This article is in need of a Photo.To add an image to this page, click "Edit" and then click the "Files" button.
is a gulch that is about one mile long. It opens into the canyon of Brandy Creek
about three miles northwest of Camptonville
. The History of Yuba County, California
(Chapter XXXIII: Slate Range Township) by Thompson & West, 1879, described Dads Gulch this way:
This gulch received its name from Mr. Parsons, familiarly called "Dad" who discovered it in 1851. It is situated about three miles west of Oak Valley. The diggings were very rich, and although the dirt had to be carried some distance to find water, paid the miners well. The greatest number at work here was fifty. The gulch is till being mined by about a dozen men.