This article is in need of a Photo.To add an image to this page, click "Edit" and then click the "Files" button.
is the intersection of Waldo Road and Spenceville Road
(at Waldo Bridge
over Dry Creek
) in Spenceville State Wildlife Area
. It used to be the site of a town named Waldo, located south of Smartsville
, east of Beale Air Force Base
, and northeast of Horstville
. Its elevation is 256 feet.
Waldo was originally called Cabbage Patch in 1852. Its name was changed to Waldo when it acquired its own post office in 1898. It was named for William Waldo, an early settler. The post office closed in 1915.
Waldo Junction entry on Wikipedia